WORM (or write once, read many) storage is a data storage technology that allows information to be written to storage media a single time, preventing the user from accidentally or intentionally altering or erasing the data. Regulatory requirements are re-defining not only for how long but the way data is stored and managed. Depending on the legislation, legal compliance puts the onus on directors, board members, and company executive officers to ensure that organizations take all reasonable steps to protect electronic records. WORM technology ensures preservation of data in a non-rewriteable, non-erasable and unalterable compliance-ready format and can play an important role in meeting regulatory requirements. Business relevant data must be stored in an unchangeable format for "compliance" reasons in accordance with country-specific legal requirements. WORM technology is considered a standard for addressing these regulatory requirements such as SEC 17a-4, NASD 3110 (now FINRA), DOD 5015, Sarbanes-Oxley, and HIPAA among others. Failure to comply can impose severe penalties on US companies. The Idealstor WORM appliance offers secure archiving on disk, it connects transparently to applications in key vertical markets, including Government, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal. Idealstor WORM appliance offer customers simplified deployment and operation of disk based storage and takes advantage of compliance enabling features such as WORM data authenticity, time based file retention and extended file security. Idealstor WORM appliance offers a comprehensive archiving solution for partners and customers requiring archiving solutions for Enterprise Content Management, email archiving, media and entertainment, video surveillance, file archiving and many other archive enabled applications.
- Scalable up to 80TB of RAW capacity
- Reusable- After the retention period is over Data cannot be modified, however can be deleted so that the disk can be reused
- Flexible- Can set WORM policy on entire Volume or specific folders
- Fastest WORM disk - Speeds up to 6 Gb/s with seek times less than 10ms
- Can be used for backup and WORM archiving - Can be mixed with Idealstor non worm disks for regular backups
- Non Proprietary - low cost, easy integration into current IT environments does not need any proprietary software